Online Shopping/how to check authenticity of Facebook shop page?

Buyer beware: Lots of scammers set up shop on Facebook Marketplace. Here's how to avoid falling victim to it. Don’t be fooled by a great deal on a designer purse dress or a rare fashion item. More than one billion users buy and sell goods on Facebook Marketplace each month—but they are not the only ones cashing in. Fraudsters are using Facebook Marketplace to steal people’s money.



I have also been a victim of online fraud. There are abundant risk and fraud pages on Facebook. A few months before, I had a bad experience. I ordered three shirts for my husband in Rupees 1799 by seeing an advertisement on Facebook with A deal of 3 branded shirts for just rupees 1799 And the pictures they post were so appealing and they assured me the quality was so good with an offer of delivery free. As all buyers found attractive. I felt so lucky myself that I avail this offer in time and at the same moment ordered it. After ordering my parcel, I told my husband that I ordered some stuff for you and he believe that the price is too low so the quality will not be so good but I denied it and for the next 2 days I waited for my parcel with singing a song “balle balle truck paya Chale”.

At last, the time arrived, I received my parcel and rushed to my room with joy in my heart and scissor in my hand. 

Clutch clutch clutch and the parcel is opened.

The joyness turned into dryness then into cryness. there were three Landaa shirts which were Bit was torn, Messi and smelled a lot. 

Dil Ke Armaan Aansuon Mein Beh Gaye…


I felt so sad and bad, decided to claim the seller. I message them they said, “ma'am don't worry we will take it back within 24 hours we are connecting over Rider to take it back from you”.Once again I trusted those fake people with my innoceny. I waited 24 hours, at last, I again requested them and said if they don't replace it I will give a negative review on your page suddenly they blocked me from everywhere like WhatsApp Facebook, and their Facebook group page.


I've felt so sad and worried for a long time and decided not to shop again on any of the Facebook pages but due to Corona everyone had to order from an online service then I decided that first I researched on it that how to make sure which one Facebook page is original and which is fraud and fake page. I searched a lot then I got a clue that  I am going to tell you today.


The main clue that I have found is that authentic pages always give you complete detail in their description like their mobile number address review section email ID And also so the website if they had.

Let's see the image below, in this image, this one is an authentic page. They have given their mobile number email ID website and complete description of their page in the home section. This page also gave a review section where the buyer gave a review about their products. This can also be helpful for you to check either their products have a good quality or not.



Check the next image. This one is a fraud page, they haven't given any of the information in their about section like their WhatsApp email ID or any of the locations nor given the review corner, I be assured that it's a fraud page so be alert.





Hope you understand it clearly. Facebook Marketplace is constantly searching for scams and removing listings that violate their policies, but it's not that easy task. If you believe you have been scammed, you should immediately report the incident to Facebook. To report a seller, click the three-dot icon and select Report Seller; then follow the on-screen instructions.







Sbperts

Em Sara, On a journey of raising myself to a new world of technology and managing home chores, all the while creating some inspiration and being judged! .... Founder of my own online store SB shoppers' Inn.Decorkhana

Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post